Here are a few tell-tale signs that it's time to replace your bra:
- Any obvious physical damage to the bra: stains, tears, and holes.
- The underwire is misshapen, digging into your skin, or has punctured the fabric.
- Straps that used to stay put all day now fall off your shoulders. The straps are adjusted to be as tight as they can be, and they are still slipping.
- The hooks are bent or twisted. These can dig into your skin and cause discomfort.
- The elasticity of the band is worn out - most of the support you get from a bra comes from the band. If the band on your bra is stretched out, you're not getting the support you need.
- Molded cups or padded linings have lost their shape.
- Your body has changed. Fluctuations in weight and/or pregnancy can cause changes to your shape.
Retake your Fit Quiz, here.